The Crude Distillation and Vacuum Distillation Units (most commonly called “CDU” and VDU”) are challenged with a variety of problems that include hydrocarbon losses, reliability concerns, quality giveaways and energy costs.
Dorf Ketal offers refiners programs for achieving key performance indicators (KPIs) for the refinery’s run-length objectives and to maximize the facility’s operating profitability. Dorf Ketal offers chemical programs for crude/vacuum units that include:
- Desalter Treatment (including metal and tramp amine removal)
- Preheat exchanger train and heater fouling control
- Atmospheric unit overhead corrosion control
- Vacuum unit overhead corrosion control
- High temperature (naphthenic acid) corrosion control
- Atmospheric Unit Top Pump Around Corrosion Control