Technological Advances in Crude Unit Overhead
Is combating corrosion in your Crude Unit Overhead a constant challenge? For years, hydrogen chloride has been the main culprit for overhead corrosion, making desalting an important step in providing solutions.
Factors challenging your system include:
- Upgrading – A huge recycle of ammonia causes deposition and under-deposit corrosion in the overhead lines with hydro-treatment/upgrading.
- Electrolytes – High Acid Crude processing and enhanced oil recovery in upstream oil wells has led to corrosive environments and elevated dew points.
- Reducing Overhead Temperatures – To maximize the production of jet fuel, temperature changes can result in an increased rate of corrosion in the overhead and naphtha sections.
We engineer solutions by:
- Mapping the electrolytes in the overhead system.
- Using this data to simulate the dew point condition to analyze the corrosion potential in your system.
- Selecting neutralizers suitable for the unique conditions of your refinery.
- Designing wash water systems to reduce corrosion rates in the overhead.
Our team of experts will also help you tackle ammonium chloride fouling rates.